Saturday, May 16, 2009

Show Me Your Nuggets!

A lot of people get frustrated with bandwagon fans.  I can see how it might be frustrating when you've followed a team through the bad times, threatening the all-time record for fewest wins in a season, many botched lottery picks, etc., but I guess I have a different take on it.  

I haven't been a Nugget's fan for the longest amount of time by any means, but I have been an unwavering fan through quite a few difficult periods.  I've watched through the McDyess stints, the Van Exel era, the Bzdelik era (which record-wise was awful, but could be one of the more important seasons in Nuggets' history) and now the Carmelo/Karl era and to me, seeing all the people jumping on the bandwagon is why I kept watching in the first place.  

I didn't follow them through the lean years so I could talk to the same 2 friends about the Nuggets for the next decade, I followed them because one day they'd be good enough that I could share my love for the Nugs with everybody in the state, and it appears that day has come.

So I say jump on the bandwagon, there's plenty of room.  Go out and get some sky blue and gold apparel, honk your horns, start figuring out what you're going to chant when we're closing out win #4 in the Western Conference Finals and getting ready to see the Bron/Melo Finals showdown we've all been waiting for and most importantly: Show Me Your Nuggets!

2 comments:

  1. You can stop praying, your not going to get to play Houston. Your season is about to end b&*ches, because the Lakers are coming to town.

    -LAKER FAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point. Great analysis. Just about what I would expect.

    ReplyDelete