Monday, May 11, 2009

Round Deux, Game 3 Reaction

I realize I'm a little late on this, but I haven't been around a computer for a few days so this is the best I could do. Needless to say, I was very happy about the win and the fact that they managed to pull it off while shooting even worse than ever from the outside. I can't believe the Nuggets continue to win games in this series in which they are shooting the ball so poorly.

Here's a few Nuggetz to capture my thoughts on this whole intentional foul fiasco:

  • Nothing says classy like yelling at a player's mom. Way to go Mark Cuban!
  • With all the useless whining and screaming and yelling, it's nice to see that some Mavs players know how to handle themselves in a professional manner.
  • As angry as Cuban seemed about the last second play, he didn't seem to mind that all of Denver's front-court was in foul trouble for nearly the entire game.
  • If Antoine Wright wants to "intentionally foul" somebody, he should grab him with both arms like everyone else does at every level of basketball.
  • I've never seen somebody intentionally foul by bumping them with their hips and putting their hands in the air, waving them as if they just didn't care.
  • Question of the Game: How Did Mark Cuban get a hickey on the flab on the back of his arm?
  • Question of the Game I'd Rather Not Have an Answer To: How did Mark Cuban get a hickey on the flab on the back of his arm?
Now that that's out of the way, I'm looking forward to seeing a more relaxed Nuggets team tonight that wont take too long to find their stroke from the outside. I can't imagine Dallas will come out firing after such a life-draining ending to Game 3. I respect the way Dirk has handled himself this whole series, and I think he's a great player, but I just don't understand how he disappears at the end of games. I think Dallas will struggle to hang with the Nuggz tonight, especially if the shots start falling as they should:

Final Score Prediction: Denver 112 - Dallas 100

No comments:

Post a Comment