Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Dream Fulfilled and A Game 3 Preview/Prediction Posted

I don't have much time to post a preview today as I'm DJ'ing a wedding today in an hour and 15 minutes under the alias "DJ JD aka The Palindrome", but I wanted to throw up a quick post for a couple reasons.

One is that this could be the #1 game in the history of Nuggets' hoops.  I realize we throw around superlatives like crazy these days, in fact, this might be the most superlativest time in history, but I still think that with all the elements involved, this could be the most exciting NBA game ever played in Denver.  I had to switch out my ticket for tonight's game thanks to my DJ gig, but I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in the Can this evening.  I feel confident that the Nuggets will take care of business.  It will be another hard fought game, but I don't think this one comes down to the last shot:  Denver 112 - LA 104. 

Now on to the second, and most personally exciting reason for this post.  A friend of mine directed me to this story in the Denver Post about Linas Kleiza.  In my initial post I spoke of my intention for this blog.  Above all of the normal things I wanted to get out of this blog was the dispersal of my favorite nicknames that nobody else was using: Linas the Menace and The Blankman (Renaldo Balkman).  After seeing Linas the Menace used in the comment section of a Denver Post story online, I was pretty happy, but this...  this is a dream come true.  An objective completed.  It's in print.  It may not be my story, but my nickname has been published and I'm hoping that's just the beginning.  I suspect it will catch on like wildfire, especially if the Menace's hot shooting continues tonight.  I'm glad you could all be a part of this special moment.

I'm the luckiest man in the world!

6 comments:

  1. You guys are gonna get chumpified tonight. That's right, I said CHUMPIFIED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's anything like being Funkdified, then we're ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to break this to you JD, but I don't think you came up with that nickname. I pretty clearly remember Chris Marlowe using it on the air with regularity a couple season ago.

    That said, the nickname had fallen on hard times. Feel free to take full credit for any revival that it may enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beg to differ. I've been using it for years, so I suspect that's what you remember it from. I've been frustrated with that lack of nickname creativity for Kleiza, so I feel like I would have remembered. I've even gone so far as to email Marlowe about it without receiving a response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Son of Sampson, I don't know if you caught it on my last reply to you, but I'm temporarily renaming you "Bitch of Kobe".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does that just mean win? I don't think I get what you mean. You'll have to be more coherent.

    ReplyDelete