Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nicknames

While I have been an avid follower of the Denver Nuggets for years and fairly well versed in the ways of the Internet for quite some time, I never had any real desire to begin blogging about my beloved Nuggets. Never, that is, until I realized that a blog was clearly the best way to disseminate my great ideas for some of the Denver Nuggets bench players.

So, because it is the reason for the existence of this blog in the first place, I decided that despite the fact that the Nuggets are on the precipice of clinching the division title, clinching home court advantage through the first two rounds of the playoffs, and proving to the NBA and ESPN that they are for real tonight with a HUGE game against the extremely hatable Los Angeles Lakers team, I will initiate this blog with a post regarding nicknames.

I hereby submit the following options to the general blog reading public for examination and immediate implementation into any and all Denver Nuggets related conversations:

  • Linas Kleiza - Linas the Menace (But pronounced more like Minas.)

-I realize this nickname is awkward in its written form, but I can assure you through extensive personal experience that it is very catchy and fun to say. It is also the nickname that I've been using the longest and have been hoping the most that it becomes part of the general Denver Nugget fan lexicon. It also helps that the Minas can be both a menace to the opposing team when he's hitting his 3's and driving hard to the basket as well as a menace to the Nuggets when he keeps launching up bad 3 pointers despite the fact that he hasn't made one in a month.

  • Renaldo Balkman - Two options:
1. "The Blankman" - This option is for those of you well versed in early nineties movies starring former members of the "In Living Color" television show. I think it fairly well encompasses the Blankman's blue-collar work ethic on the glass and on defense as well as his ability to disappear to the end of the bench at George Karl's whim.

2. Renaldo "Blockman" - This is for those poor souls who are not fortunate enough to understand the movie reference that was made in the previous option. It still emphasizes Blockman's defensive abilities albeit in a much less fun way.

Thanks for reading and I hope that if anybody is actually reading this and finds it entertaining, useful, informative or any combination thereof, that you will continue to follow this blog as I attempt to post on topics you may also be interested in like, "the games," "analysis," "the playoffs," "why kobe bryant fails at being a human being," "the fact that this is the most exciting season to be a Nuggets fan in many years," "the fact that I somehow got 40-1 odds on a Nuggets NBA Championship bet while at a conference in Vegas," and a whole lot more.

Go Nugz!


No comments:

Post a Comment