Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Best Games I've Attended

This being the first NBA playoff game I've been able to attend this season, my anticipation and excitement has been growing since I woke up this morning. I'm hoping I can add tonight's game to the following list.

I've been to some significant Nuggets games during the Carmelo Anthony era including:

Carmelo Anthony's first game playing together with Allen Iverson, which turned out to be a fun, alley-oop filled drubbing of a Pau Gasol-led Memphis Grizzlies team. As soon as I heard about the AI trade, I figured out when Melo's first game back would be and bought the best ticket available. The Nugs won by 17.

The Northwest Division clinching game during the 2004/05 season against the Sacramento Kings. The Nuggets won this game by 20 points.

Denver's first home NBA playoff game in a decade which was played against Kevin Garnett's Minnesota Timberwolves, a game which the Nuggets won by 21. This game is easily in my top 5 sporting events that I've attended thanks to the energy in the crowd and resounding victory. The rest of my overall top 5 would probably include these:

All of the Colorado Rockies games leading up to the 2007 World Series starting with the regular season ending Arizona Diamondbacks series.

The Miracle in Michigan game in the Big House with a press pass that allowed me to watch the game with the Sports Illustrated camera man immediately to my left.

The Colorado Buffaloes 62-36 victory over the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

John Elway's comeback victory over Warren Moon's Houston Oilers in the 1991/92 NFL Playoffs.

I'm hoping that by the time I get back home after tonight's game I'll be able to make another notch on my significant sporting even belt and figure out where to put the Nuggets latest 20+ point playoff victory on my list. Who else is ready for our first second round appearance in 15 years?

Prediction: Denver Nuggets 111 - New Orleans Hornets 89

1 comment: